Club Competitions 2019/20 and Rules
Photographer of the Year (POTY)
This Year’s P.O.T.Y . Competition will be over 6 themes. One theme will be PRINT ENTRIES ONLY and the remaining 5 themes will be DIGITAL ENTRIES ONLY with 2 themes being judged on each judging night by Guest Judge. Members can submit a max 2 Images per theme in either Colour or Black & White / Mono unless stated otherwise.
Themes for this year’s Photographer of the Year (POTY)
- OPEN (Print Only)
- OPEN (Digital Entries Only)
- Black & White / Mono (Digital Entries Only)
- MOTION (Digital Entries Only)
- PORTRAITURE OF PEOPLE (Digital Entries Only)
- IRISH WILDLIFE & NATURE (Digital Entries Only)
The Wild Atlantic Way Competition
This will be Annual competition where members can submit 2 mounted Images only (Colour or Mono) from anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way ( Map of the W.A.Y. for Reference) with judging at the end of each year
- The General Rules apply to all competitions. All competitions are open to all fully paid-up members of the Solas Photography Club. Competitions are Photographer of the Year (POTY) and The Wild Atlantic Way
- All imagery MUST be the total and exclusive work of the submitting author not include any work that was originated by or is the copyright of other photographers
- An image may be used only once in any of these competitions
- Images submitted for any competition must have been taken within the 18 months prior to the closing date of that competition.
- Mounted Prints must be either window mounted or on a backing board measuring maximum 16″x20″ (41cm x 51cm). The maximum image size 16″x12 and″ The minimum image size 8″x10″ .
- The entrant is responsible for the collection of printed images from the competition secretary after Judging is Complete
- Entries will be treated with care, but no liability is accepted for loss or damage.
- Entries must have the Your Image title _Theme _Your Membership Number written clearly on the rear of the mount. Membership numbers will be available (for fully paid up members)
- There must be no identification, other than the membership number, of the photographer. This is to ensure impartiality
- Digital Image entries filename must be in the following form:
- Your Image title _Theme _Your Membership Number
- All digital entries entered in competitions should be submitted as JPEG files not exceeding 5MB.
- Mounted Entries should be submitted at designated Club Meeting to the competition secretary
- Digital entries should be submitted by the designated date to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org Judging and results usually take place 2 weeks later
- Images will be awarded scores out of 20 points by the Judge on the night
- A copy of the rules will given to each judge
- The judge’s decision is final.