Club Competitions 2018 and Rules
Photographer of the Year (POTY)
This Year’s P.O.T.Y . Competition will be over 3 themes
Enter a maximum of 3 Images per Theme as follow’s
- 1 Colour Digital Image
- 1 mono Digital Image
- 1 Mounted Print (Colour or Mono)
Themes for this year’s Photographer of the Year (POTY)
- NATURAL WORLD
The Wild Atlantic Way Competition
This will be Annual competition where members can submit 2 mounted Images only (Colour or Mono) from anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way ( Map of the W.A.Y. for Reference) with judging at the end of each year
- The General Rules apply to all competitions. All competitions are open to all fully paid-up members of the Solas Photography Club. Competitions are Photographer of the Year (POTY) and The Wild Atlantic Way
- All imagery MUST be the total and exclusive work of the submitting author not include any work that was originated by or is the copyright of other photographers
- An image may be used only once in any of these competitions
- Images submitted for any competition must have been taken within the 12 months prior to the closing date of that competition.
- Mounted Prints must be either window mounted or on a backing board measuring maximum 16″x20″ (41cm x 51cm). The maximum image size 16″x12 and″ The minimum image size 8″x10″ .
- The entrant is responsible for the collection of printed images from the competition secretary after Judging is Complete
- Entries will be treated with care, but no liability is accepted for loss or damage.
- Entries must have the Your Image title Colour or B&W _Your Membership Number written clearly on the rear of the mount. Membership numbers will be available (for fully paid up members)
- There must be no identification, other than the membership number, of the photographer. This is to ensure impartiality
- Digital Image entries filename must be in the following form:
- Your Image title Colour or B&W _Your Membership Number
- All digital entries entered in competitions should be submitted as JPEG files not exceeding 5MB.
- Mounted Entries should be submitted at designated Club Meeting to the competition secretary
- Digital entries should be submitted by the designated date to the email address email@example.com Judging and results usually take place 2 weeks later
- Images will be awarded scores as follows
- 1 point per Entry 1st – 10 pts
- 2nd – 8 pts
- 3rd – 6 pts
- Highly Commended (H.C.) – 4pts
- Honourable Mention (H.M.) – 2 pts
- A copy of the rules will given to each judge
- The judge’s decision is final.